Table of Contents
Organizations Core Competencies
Multicultural competency: Members of Kindler have the capability to work in a multicultural environment. The leadership of the organization values diversity. In this era of globalization, diversity is an important element that is driving the growth of business organizations all over the world. As a company we appreciate this fact, and that is why we encourage a diverse workforce in our organization. The business model of Kindler Inc. is developed in such a manner that it embraces the culture of diversity. For instance, our organization seeks to target people of multicultural diversities when serving them. We are not limited to Caucasians, but we are also targeting Africans, Asians, Hindus, etc. The service that we are seeking to offer should be used by everyone irrespective of their race, color and religion.
Technological know-how: We are very good at technology, and are well aversed at the latest computer technologies around. In fact, it is out technological capabilities that motivated us to come up with a business idea whose focus was on e-commerce. We have a team of excellent programmers, and most of us are knowledgeable of programming languages such as HTML, Java, Python, etc. Moreover, we have an understanding on how some of the famous and most successful e-commerce companies have managed to build their business models. Examples of such companies are Alibaba, Amazon and Facebook (Steingold, 2015). We seek to use the knowledge that we have, to build a successful e-commerce company.
Innovation: This is a core competency that we have. It is a matter of fact, that in e-commerce, customers value an innovative company. Without innovation, chances of achieving success are limited. As a highly innovative company, we seek to come up with new strategies and measures aimed at ensuring that we have a competitive advantage over rival companies. Areas of innovation the company will focus on are on improving the usability of our website, video streaming and sharing, etc. These are some of the features and services that Kindler will be seeking to provide. On this basis, our capability to innovate is a core competency that aligns with the business idea that has been developed.
Flexibility: E-commerce does not need a rigid company. This is because computer technologies are updated constantly. A technology that may be important and popular today may be obsolete tomorrow. On this basis, companies that operate in e-commerce must be aware of these technologies, and be flexible enough to use them (Bocken et al., 2014). As a company that seeks to operate in the e-commerce industry, we are aware of the need to be flexible, and this is a value that we highly encourage in our organization. We are able to adapt to the changes in the needs of customers, and model our business operations, to satisfy such changes.
Customer service: This is an important competency that cannot be ignored. E-commerce requires a company to provide customer care services for 24 hours a day (Weiss, 2014). In this respect, we are up to the task. Customers will always get responses from us ASAP. In fact, the chat area on the website will enable a customer to immediately interact with the customer care representative.
The corporate culture that will offer the best possibility of success for this company is innovation. This is a process that involves coming up with new ideas, programs and technologies that can assist an organization to meet its needs. It is an obvious fact that companies in the e-commerce industry that are innovative have achieved great success in their operations (Weiss, 2014). Take for example Google. As an e-commerce company, Google is successful because of its innovative organizational culture. The company constantly comes up with new products, and an example is Google Scholar, Google AdSense, etc. These are innovative products that have managed to make Google a giant in the e-commerce industry.
When it comes to our company, we shall value innovation in a number of areas. One of them is on the design of our organizations website. When designing the website of Kindler, the themes and visual images to be used, should be attractive to our customers. Note that, first impression matters when it comes to social sites such as Kindler. If the design is not attractive, chances are high that the customers may not subscribe to our services. Moreover, innovation will be seen on the opt in pages. These are very important pages, and they will determine whether we get customers or not (Hatten, 2015). These pages normally have good fonts, and they are properly SEO optimized. This needs a person who is innovative, to develop a good opt in page.
Moreover, other areas that will need to be constantly innovated are on file and video sharing, chat area, etc. It is only through innovation, that the company may have an opportunity to develop programs and services that meet the current demands of customers (Hatten, 2015). The needs of customers who are seeking social services is not constant, and normally changes. The company must therefore be flexible enough, to develop or improve the quality of its services, so that it can cater for these changes.
Basing on these facts, an innovative culture is the most important organizational culture that can help Kindler Inc. to succeed in its business operations.
We can do it today.
Roles, Responsibilities and Qualifications
As the owner of the business organization, I will have the responsibility of identifying a talented person to act as a Chief Executive Officer. This is an individual who will have knowledge on e-Commerce and some experience. His help is crucial, because of the responsibility of developing programs and policies that will guide the operations of the company.
Chief Executive Officer: The person holding this position will be responsible for the overall performance of the organization. He will have the responsibility of developing policies and aims of the business organization (Schaper et al., 2014). Moreover, he will have the final authority on who are hired by the company, and working together with the Head of Human Resource, identify the personnel needs of the company, setting up its qualifications.
The skills required for this position are the following (Katz, 2009):
- Confidence: The CEO must be a person who is confident and not shy. It is only through confidence, that he can solve the complex problems the organization faces.
- Communication: Without good communication skills, the CEO will find it difficult to communicate the policies of the organization to junior employees.
- Commitment: This is an important requirement, because, if the CEO is not committed, chances of him taking his work seriously will be in doubt.
- Capability to celebrate small wins: Having and manifesting such a capability will encourage the employees of the organization to work hard.
The following are the desirable qualifications of the Chief Executive Officer:
- A business degree
- A master’s degree in business administration
- Diploma in computer applications is an added advantage.
Human Resource Manager: This is a senior staff, and he will have the responsibility of identifying talented employees who should be hired by the company. He will have the responsibility of coming up with terms of employments, appraising employees, dismissal and punishing of employees, etc (Maylor, Blackmon & Huemann, 2016).
The following are the skills and qualifications required for this position (Katz, 2009):
- Communication skills: Without proper communication skills, the manager may not communicate effectively with other employees.
- Team work: This is an important skill because the company will value team work, and without it, the organization may fail to achieve its objectives.
- Capability to solve complex problems: The manager must have the capability of solving complex problems. This is because he will have the responsibility of solving some of the problems that employees face.
The following are the desired educational qualification of the HR manager
- A business degree, with about 2 years working experience.
- A certificate or diploma in computer management is an added advantage.
Tech staff: These will be junior employees, with the responsibility of generating lead pages, segmenting customers, marketing the organization, etc. To qualify for the above roles, a Tech Staff should have the following capabilities:
- Effective communicator.
- Capability to solve complex problems.
- Good team work skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent quality
- 100% Turnitin-safe
- Affordable prices
The Contingency Plan
In case the team composition will need to be modified, the following is a contingency plan that has been established:
- Identification of the area of operation or the kind of work area that needs modification.
- Identifying the skill needed.
- Analyzing whether the current staff in the organization have the skill so that they can be transferred to the work area.
- If no employee has the skill, there will be a need to outsource the work to virtual working companies, until a replacement is made.
- Bjerke, B., & Gaddefors, J. (2017). 2. Starting a business venture rationally or naturally–exploiting an opportunity in space or developing a place. Research Handbook on Entrepreneurial Opportunities: Reopening the Debate, 68.
- Bocken, N. M. P., Short, S. W., Rana, P., & Evans, S. (2014). A literature and practice review to develop sustainable business model archetypes. Journal of cleaner production, 65, 42-56.
- Hatten, T. S. (2015). Small business management: Entrepreneurship and beyond. Nelson Education.
- Katz, J. A. (2009). Entrepreneurial small business.
- Maylor, H., Blackmon, K., & Huemann, M. (2016). Researching business and management. Palgrave.
- Schaper, M. T., Volery, T., Weber, P. C., & Gibson, B. (2014). Entrepreneurship and small business.
- Steingold, F. S. (2015). Legal guide for starting & running a small business. Nolo.
- Weiss, J. W. (2014). Business ethics: A stakeholder and issues management approach. Berrett-Koehler Publishers.