Good research paper topics are the basis for writing captivating and creative papers. However, getting those topics still challenges many students. Fortunately, you don’t need to stress yourself when you can draw inspiration from our carefully selected samples. Keep reading…
75 Expository Essay Topics
Selecting an expository paper topic is the first thing you should do before you start the writing process. However, you may face the challenge of lack of a topic in mind, or you may have too many options that you are unable to select one of them. This guideline will show you how to select a topic and give you ideas of topics and questions that you may choose for your essay.
Do You Know How to Select the Best Expository Essay Topic?
To write a paper that will get high marks, it is important to select a topic that has information and that you are passionate about. Selecting a topic that you have a passion for helps you to research the paper thoroughly and to go into deep details instead of just discussing issues shallowly. Sometimes, you may be interested in a topic, and then you find out that it does not have sufficient information online. You should opt for a topic with more information, even if it is not your favorite because it will allow you to support your ideas with reliable references. If you are the type that loves exploring, you can choose a topic that you want to know more about even if you have never had an interest in it.
Read more: How to Write a Good Expository Essay
List of Expository Essay Topics that You Can Select for Your Essay
Whether you are doing a diploma or a bachelor degree in the university, you may select any one of the following topics for your research and work on it. These topics have so much information online that you need to filter only the most relevant data for your essay.
- How technology affects social relationships
- Gender inequality at work
- Impact of gender inequality on society
- How to stop global warming
- Impact of technology on the environment
- How can one develop leadership skills?
- What are the current fashion trends?
- Benefits and limitation of school uniform
- The process of making decisions in an organization
- How did World War 2 affect the United States?
- What caused the first World War?
- What caused the great depression?
- Who were the main participants of the civil war in America?
- How does the US military participate in other countries?
- Why does the US use its military outside its borders?
- What is communism, and how does it affect society?
- Why is the US against communism?
- How does technology enhance news distribution?
- What is terrorism, and how can it be controlled?
- What is the cause of homelessness?
- How does homelessness affect major towns and cities?
- How do drugs affect families?
- Why do teenagers flee from foster homes?
- What is the role of social workers in society?
- Ethical issues in nursing
- Causes of increase in immigrants in the United States
- Impact of Brexit on immigrants in the UK
- How Brexit will Impact Businesses
- The future of the European Union post Brexit
- How did foster care start in the US?
- Why women stay in abusive relationships
- Different types of domestic abuse
- Causes and effects of domestic abuse
- How to recover from an abusive relationship
- Why is health insurance important?
- How does a lack of health insurance affect an Individual?
- Different types of bullying
- Impact of bullying on the victims
- What causes one to become a bully?
- Causes of diabetes
- Causes of obesity
- Causes of climate change
- Impact of climate change on animals
- Effects of climate change on humans
- Actions to prevent climate change
- Climate change movements around the world
- Why is there an increase in child obesity?
- Is adult obesity a major crisis in the world?
- What exercise helps to minimize obesity in both children and adults
- What type of diet improves health, and why?
- How has space flight changed the world?
- How 3D bioprinter is important in medicine
- Should DNA be used to store data?
- Does the use of electric cars save the environment?
- What is renewable energy?
- Why is teenage pregnancy on the rise?
- How has technology revolutionized teenagers’ hobbies?
- Why do people drop out of high school or college?
- How has space exploration led to technological development?
- Is space exploration dangerous, and should it be canceled?
- Why everyone should have basic knowledge of IT in modern times
- How to utilize solar energy efficiently
- How does the use of food additives used in restaurants affect health?
- Obamacare has more negative impacts than benefits. Discuss.
- Does Obamacare have a future?
- How has Obamacare impacted the quality of life so far?
- What leadership skills are required in the current job market?
- Autocratic leadership vs. participative leadership style
- The role of the World Health Organization in preventing and curing diseases
- The role of pharmaceuticals in healthcare
- Analyze the main character in a play
- What themes can you find in the novel?
- Role of multinationals in the world economy
- What strategies do firms use to enter new markets?
- What is radio frequency identification, and how has it changed logistics?
- Strategies to ensure efficient operations in an organization
- Advantages and disadvantages of budgeting techniques
- Cost-benefit analysis of a five-year project
- Effect of internet on parenting
- Strategies for efficient communication
- Impact of social media on college students
- Discuss three philosophers and their contributions to philosophy
- Which is the most important philosophical theory and why?
- Why does the UK have an aging population?
- Discuss the business cycle and why it is important to understand it
- What is the difference between economic growth and economic development?
- Why is consumer price index important, and how is it calculated?
- Discuss the theories of economic growth and development
- What are ethical dilemmas, and how can they be prevented in nursing?
- Who can benefit from cognitive behavior therapy?
- What is nationalism, and why is it on the rise?
- Discuss the United States foreign policy
- What is economic integration, and how has it helped?
- Discuss the most successful trading bloc
- Why do domestic firms fail in the international market?
- What is brand equity, and how do firms achieve it?
- Why is the marketing mix important?
- The role of the United Nations
- What is fiscal policy, and how does the government use it?
- When to use monetary policy in the economy
- Causes of the flint water crisis and possible solutions
Expository Essay Questions that You May be Required to Answer
It is important to select some questions that are debatable if you are a person who loves controversy. Below are some examples of these questions.
- What is the meaning of being happy? Is it possible to be happy always?
- How does taxation affect small and medium enterprises?
- What caused the 2008 financial crisis, and how can future crises be mitigated?
- What are the causes and effects of high blood pressure? How can it be managed?
- Should abortion be legalized fully?
- What is symbolism, and how is it used in your favorite novel?
- What are the qualities of a great leader?
- Why has the popularity of libraries declined?
- How does the World Bank influence economic development in the world?
- What workplace standards does International Labor Organization recommend?
Expository Essay Ideas for Any Student
Here are more ideas of what to write in your expository essay if you did not find anything interesting above.
- Why it is important to work in teams, and what are some strategies to improve efficiency in a team?
- The importance of Google Class among students and how it helps instructors
- Why there is an increase in anti-vaccination movements and their major arguments
- The importance of controlling media in the contemporary world
- Causes of depression and how to control it
Get Help Now
Are you still confused about the topic to select for your essay? Buy your custom essay paper from us now. Provide instructions and select your most preferred essay writer today. Get professional expository essay help right now.
Getting fresh and trending ideas for speech topics is the first step of writing a captivating speech. If you are stuck or have run dry of ideas, don’t panic because we have something to supercharge you. So, don’t shortchange yourself….