Good research paper topics are the basis for writing captivating and creative papers. However, getting those topics still challenges many students. Fortunately, you don’t need to stress yourself when you can draw inspiration from our carefully selected samples. Keep reading…
30 Great Gatsby Essay Topics
Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald wrote one of the greatest American thriller novel, The Great Gatsby, in 1925. It has turned out to be one of the best sellers and most-read fictional works in the US. The popularity of this novel makes it an easy target for college tutors teaching the English language. Here, you will find the most common topics and frequently chosen questions as homework from the novel. Also, the main ideas from Fitzgerald’s work will be provided.
Free Tips and Professional Advice on How to Select the Best Great Gatsby Essay Topic?
Most teachers will leave it up to you to pick a subject from the book and discuss it under specified guidelines. To choose the most appropriate topic for your assignment, you must do the following:
- Read the novel;
- Identify the key themes;
- Find credible book reviews from professionals;
- Look for sample papers.
Once you have done that, use the identified themes to compose argumentative questions. Such queries form a great basis of drafting up suitable topics for your paper.
Here Is a List of Great Gatsby Essay Topics for Your Paper
Fitzgerald wrote a masterpiece, which is why the book is common in American English literature classes. It has been discussed for many years. If given a chance to find a topic on your own, you are lucky. Below is a list to guide you:
- Relationship between protagonists in the book; Gatsby and Nick.
- Nick, a morally equivocal character
- White color as a representation of incorruptibility in the book
- Differences in the key women characters
- Author’s portrayal of disillusionment
- Money and influence in relation to Gatsby
- Society and class as envisioned by Fitzgerald
- The peculiarities of the narrator’s voice
- The theme of love
- Similarities of the key male characters
- Money and Gatsby’s past
- The resemblance of Wilson to Gatsby
- Depiction of the American dream in the story
- The effectiveness of Fitzgerald’s writing
- Literary devices used in the novel
- Reliability of Nick as a narrator
- Minor characters in Great Gatsby
- Development of weather to create moods in the story
- The theme of alienation
- The setting of the plot in the novel in regards to lifestyle
- Admirable traits of Gatsby
- Injustices portrayed in the book
- Wealth and happiness
- Representation of the poor in the novel
- Nick’s role in the development of the plot
- The loneliness of the main character
- Social class bias
- The death of Gatsby
- Reasons why Daisy and Tom remain together
- Use of imagery and symbolism in Great Gatsby
The list above provides issues that are common in high school and college level essays from the book. Let’s look at a few questions from this fictional work.
Common Great Gatsby Essay Questions You Will Find in Class
Here is a list of some queries frequently asked from the novel:
- Does money give Gatsby true happiness?
- Who is the least favorable character in the story?
- Who can be blamed for Gatsby’s death?
- Is the narrator part of the poor or rich class?
- Does the protagonist deserve to be called “great?”
- How does Fitzgerald describe isolation?
- Does Gatsby fit the description of a self-made man?
- Can any of the characters in the book be considered happy?
- Which characters are dynamic in the tale?
- What is the most critical symbol in Great Gatsby?
What Great Gatsby Essay Ideas Can I Use In My Essay?
There are many concepts from the story that you can integrate into the writing process. Below is a list of a few:
- People can use various learning points from the novel to shape their lives in the contemporary society
- The book brings out ideals dominating American communities today in relation to wealth and happiness
- Modernism and realism in Fitzgerald’s writing
- As witnessed in Gatsby’s life, money or material possessions cannot buy love
- In most cases, the rich and the affluent in society are associated with corruption and unethical deeds.
The popularity of Great Gatsby is an advantage to you as a student. You can get a lot of information here. You do not need to read the whole book. We have hundreds of English professional essay writers online available 24/7. Talk to our representatives to get an expert to help. Fill out the simple order form today.
Getting fresh and trending ideas for speech topics is the first step of writing a captivating speech. If you are stuck or have run dry of ideas, don’t panic because we have something to supercharge you. So, don’t shortchange yourself….