30 Literary Essay Topics
Writing a literature research paper can seem like an uphill task for many students. It is almost impossible to go through school without writing at least one literary essay. Well, you don’t have to worry anymore. We are here to help! The first step to writing a great literary essay is selecting a great topic, and that is where we come in. We provide you with topics, questions, and ideas that you can analyze in-depth and create an outstanding essay from. And best of all, we can also help you write your essay or research paper.
Have You Been Researching on How to Select the Best Literary Essay Topic?
There are many ways that you can select a literary topic for your essay. One way is by selecting a literary style as your topic. This way you can discover and analyze works within this literary style and describe the features of this style. Another way is by selecting a specific author and studying their works. When doing this, be careful not to turn your essay into a biography. Concentrate on the literary legacy of the author and how their works impacted their life and the lives of others. You can also compare their works at the beginning and end of their literary career. Another way to select a topic is to focus on a single work of literature. This requires in-depth research and analysis, but it can be very rewarding to provide your exclusive research on a classic literary work.
List of Literary Essay Topics
Here are some topics that can help you get started on your paper. Feel free to use any you like!
- Role of e-books in literature today
- Evolution of language
- Revolutionary authors of the 20th century
- The dark humor in literature
- Utopian and dystopian literature
- The relevance of Shakespearean writings today
- Materialism in The Great Gatsby
- Effect of new technologies on writing
- Justice and Revenge in Hamlet
- Racism, as seen in “How to Kill a Mockingbird.”
- Misogyny and sexism in literature
- The ‘American Dream’ as portrayed in literature
- Myth and folktale in literature
- Role of fate in Romeo and Juliet
- Literature in the 21st century
- Socialism through the eyes of George Orwell
- Marxism literary criticism
- Feminism in literature
- Literature as an aid for psychological development
- Mythology and mythic grandeur in Moby Dick
- Existentialism in literature
- Romantic fatalism in Shakespearean work
- Religion in Renaissance literature
- Literature in the Age of Enlightenment
- Gender stereotypes in erotic literature
- Outstanding female authors
- Racism and sexism in The Color Purple
- Schizophrenia as portrayed in Macbeth
- Mental illness in Hamlet
- Mortality and Immortality in literature
Literary Essay Questions
There are also essay questions available for your paper. Here are a few of them:
- Why was William Shakespeare so exceptional as an author?
- What constitutes a literary genius?
- What is the relation between education and literary success?
- Is erotic literature art or obscenity?
- How did Jane Austin’s works explore and affect the role of women in society?
- What are some great literary works that blur the distinction between fiction and nonfiction?
- How did Charles Dicken’s portray himself through some of his best-known characters?
- How has the rise of fanfiction impacted literature?
- Does children’s literature get away with perpetuating stereotypes, racism, and cultural bias?
- What are some instances where literature has been used as a tool for propaganda?
Literary Essay Ideas
These are some literary essay ideas that can also help you as you write your research paper or essay.
- Analyze Sigmund Freud’s psychoanalysis of literature as a manifestation of an author’s unconscious desires and anxieties.
- Examine the role of erotic literature in shaping ancient views on sex, sexual fantasies, and intimacy.
- Determine the major themes and characteristics of each literary-historical period.
- Explore why Western literary work has been continuously celebrated at the expense of work from other regions in the world.
- Analyze the role of postcolonial literature in promoting nationalism and anti-colonialism in Africa.
We hope our literary essay topics inspired you to write a great research paper! If you feel like you still need more help from us, then we are here for all your writing needs. We offer expert help in academic writing, so you never have to feel stuck on your essay. We can write a paper based on the topic you have selected, or we can come up with one ourselves. Either way, our essay writers for hire will guarantee you a high-quality paper that you will be more than proud to submit. So what are you waiting for? Order your essay today!