Nursing Dissertation Topics
Table of Contents
50+ Nursing Dissertation Topics for Smooth Writing
Stuck with topic selection for your nursing dissertation? No worries. We’ll help you find the right idea.
How to Choose a Nursing Dissertation Topic?
First and foremost, pick what you are passionate about. And it is not only concerning dissertation topics about nursing. It is about your life – when you choose your favorite things, life becomes easier and brighter. Similarly, if your eyes open wider when you talk about emergency care, never hesitate to select it for your research proposal.
One more piece of advice is to focus on topics where you know you’re going to find lots of credible literature, articles, and other works. Medicine is a responsible matter, so you should choose only reliable and trusted sources for your nursing dissertation to allude to.
For example, you cannot write about sepsis or caring for a patient with acute kidney injury without references to professional works.
Consider the next 6 tips to discover your own dissertation topic:
- Background study before you choose a topic.
- Focus on reading material tailored to your interest.
- Read people’s dissertations to have a pattern in mind (google or ask your tutor).
- Stick with your recurring interest – notice the topic you always come back to and stay.
- Attend nursing academic conferences for new ideas to acknowledge and inspire.
- Converse with other professionals in the nursing field for new topic angles.
Choosing a dissertation topic is a base and a starting point of your research. Even though we recommend remaining relaxed to keep focused and concentrated, chances are that you might leave the research altogether when neglecting proper preparation. You can go here to get a professional step-by-step guide to choose a nursing dissertation topic that wins.
List of Nursing Dissertation Topics: 10 Ideas to Get Started
Here are dissertation topics to consider when you look for some inspiration or more general issue to review:
- Factors contributing to lack of enough resources in developing countries hospitals.
- Perception and attitude of mothers toward caesarian section.
- Utilization of different family planning methods among teenagers.
- Reason for the current increase in rape.
- The impact of stress on nurses’ work behaviors.
- Mental health impact of COVID pandemic on health workers.
- Job satisfaction analysis of professional nurses in public and private sectors.
- Assessment of health care waste management among health workers.
- Attitudes of women towards utilization of modern contraceptives.
- Health problems to drug-addicted pregnant women.
10 Emergency Nursing Dissertation Topics
If emergency care is your sphere of interest, check this compilation of interesting nursing themes:
- Impact of COVID 19 on health workers in general.
- Knowledge and perception of hypertension and its management among patients.
- Demographic and socio-economic factors influencing utilization of maternal health services.
- The importance of social workers in the hospital.
- The psychological experience of emergency staff in the treatment of attempted suicide patients.
- Incidence and prevalence of COVID 19 among under 5 children and disease pattern.
- Knowledge, attitudes, and practice of care of elderly patients among health workers.
- Incidence of bacterial vaginosis among pregnant mothers attending ANC.
- Effectiveness of therapeutic play on anxiety among children with terminally ill conditions.
- Effectiveness of alcohol cleaning VS sterile water cleaning for newborn cord care.
10 Nursing Dissertation Topics Critical Care
Here are captivating topic ideas for nursing dissertations:
- Reason for the current increase in the number of caesarian sections among pregnant mothers.
- Factors contributing to increasing the number of PID among women in N.E Kenya.
- Utilization of different types of cervical cancer screening.
- Nurse’s role in the prevention of infant and under-five child mortality.
- Knowledge and practice of infection control among midwives.
- Effect of oral care in the prevention of ventilator-associated pneumonia in intensive care units.
- The effect of massage therapy on occupational stress of Intensive Care Unit nurses.
- Factors contributing to the increase of death resulting from sildenafil in Kenya.
- Quality of life of patients with head and neck cancer.
- Is strong immunity a factor influencing mortality and morbidity of coronavirus?
10 Ph.D. Nursing Dissertation Topics
Below are dissertation topics for a doctoral research degree:
- Factors contributing to maternal mortality among mothers attending delivery rooms.
- Factors influencing underutilization of partogram between nurses.
- Relationship between Depo Provera and infertility among females of childbearing age.
- Effectiveness of kangaroo mother skin-to-skin contact among mothers in the postnatal ward.
- Effect of chewing gum on gastrointestinal function after gynecological surgery.
- Effects of Thyroid during pregnancy and its knowledge to rural women.
- A nationwide survey on the current status of infusion of vasoactive agents of nurses.
- Prevalence and incidence of acute gastritis among the pediatric population,
- Factors influencing health-seeking behavior among patients with metabolic disease.
- Effectiveness of preoperative instruction on postoperative outcome measures.
10 Nursing Dissertation Ideas for a Guaranteed A+
If you are focused on the mark mainly, choose one of the nursing topics below to impress your professor:
- Models and theories that have transformed the Noble Profession.
- Clinical management is the best way to handle multiple patients.
- Public health is a major concern in third-world countries.
- Community nursing is changing the way of medical assistance.
- Health organizations taking care of all environmental health leads to better individual health.
- Mental health: a problem to be spoken about.
- Factors influencing the poor quality of life among patients living with chronic disease.
- Stress coping strategies in the group of student nurses.
- Attitudes and practice of standard precaution among healthcare workers.
- Occupational stress experienced by nurses working in private hospitals.
Need Professional Assistance?
Choosing the research topic is the most challenging part when standing face to face with the dissertation period. Many students struggle at the initial stage, and they make the right decision to choose services like us. We are a trusted academic writing team of professionals who have years of experience in writing essays, coursework, and, of course, dissertations.
If you choose us, you will never be rejected at the dissertation completion with the wrong topic choice. Our essay writers are open to discussion and revisions, so you will get a perfect sample and get the expected mark. None will ever get to know about our small secret because we guarantee 100% confidentiality and data security.