TOPIC: How society affects beauty
GENERAL PURPOSE: To inform my classmates the how beauty is affected by the social practices and cultural diversity
SPECIFIC PURPOSE: the purpose of this speech is to educate my classmate the perception of beauty in different cultural and social group and how the social practice affects the beauty of individuals in a specific group.
THESIS: different societies through their social, cultural practices have greatly influenced the human beauty in various aspects.
- ATTENTION GETTER: Human beauty is a manifestation of social perceptions and thoughts of aesthetics of society in a particular locality.
- REASON TO LISTEN: Beauty is not a personality of an individual but a reflection of social, cultural practices from the society that one comes from.
- THESIS STATEMENT: different societies through their social, cultural practices have greatly influenced the human beauty in various aspects
- CREDIBILITY STATEMENT:
- As westerners, beauty is perceived as the desire for the opposite sex.
- The survey indicates how the different societies have affected the idea of beauty in various circumstances.
- PREVIEW OF THE MAIN POINTS
- I will describe the in detail the meaning and understanding of beauty as per different scholars.
- I will compare and contrast the understanding of beauty among the westerners and easterners and how they affect the human beauty.
- I will describe how religious practices among different societies influence beauty of individuals.
- MEANING OF BEAUTY
- Beauty is a sexual attraction to the opposite sex that drives women to do enormous beautifying functions (Wolf, 2013).
- Beauty is body confrontation, image, size and shape that make someone attractive to other individuals in the society (Thompson, Heinberg, Altabe & Tantleff-Dunn, 1999).
- COMPARISON OF BEAUTY IN WESTERNERS AND EASTERNERS
- In western and eastern society they have a phobia of human nakedness they use different attires that cover the body as a representation of individual beauty.
- The western ideology of beauty is always in mind of many individuals from different society in the world and used as a comparison tool of beauty in different society.
- The western culture perceives tallness, slenderness, large breast and thin waist as beauty in women while the eastern culture applauds women with bosoms and waists (Banner, 1983).
- RELIGIOUS PERCEPTION ON BEAUTY
- Hinduism, schism, Buddhism and Islamism beauty as dignified and respected by once doctrine.
- Western religion like Christianity and Hebrew they perceive beauty as covering the body of a person.
- Western and eastern society differs greatly in perception and description of beauty.
- The religious group, they dignify the human beauty and refer nakedness as the worship of an idol.
Get a brand-new guide on essay writing
Everything you need to get A+ this semester!
The download will start within seconds. Good luck!
Did you like this sample?
- Banner, L. W. (1983). American beauty. Alfred a Knopf Inc.
- Thompson, J. K., Heinberg, L. J., Altabe, M., & Tantleff-Dunn, S. (1999). Exacting beauty: Theory, assessment, and treatment of body image disturbance. American Psychological Association.
- Wolf, N. (2013). The beauty myth: How images of beauty are used against women. Random House.