Philosophy Dissertation Topics
Table of Contents
50+ Philosophy Dissertation Topics: Interesting, Relevant, Unique
Most frequently, students are googling tips, tricks, techniques, and omnifarious tools to find the best dissertation topic about philosophy. We understand how easy it is to get lost among various fields, their branches, and associated philosophers.
How to Select the Best Philosophy Dissertation Topic?
To find themselves and your perfect topic, everyone chooses distinct ways: students either look for help or retire to get insights and valuable thoughts. It is up to you which path to tread but listening to relevant recommendations is prescribed.
When reflecting on a suitable philosophy dissertation topic, refer to the next simple pieces of advice:
- Who picked your interest? What/who interests you?
- Don’t reinvent the wheel – avoid obscure and super niche topics with deficient literature.
- Ask for past papers to inspire by unusual approaches and angles.
- Address university staff to formulate thoughts better and, thus, narrow them down.
- Don’t battle against the evidence – go where it takes you.
- Do not choose ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ questions.
- Try to pose questions like ‘how did it cause this’ or ‘how did it/they influence this.’
- Be open to changing your philosophy topic naturally or with the supervisor’s help.
We do not recommend doing an entirely original piece of research. It is not research for a Master’s or Ph.D. but work to enjoy, acknowledge, and reveal your interests credibly. Your dissertation may have a concluding argument that has been drawn before, which is okay. You may be looking for material and dissertation topic that has been reviewed before.
You should have a unique take on this information. It means that you should contribute something new and not discovered. Even though the exact point of view has already been argued somehow, you can approach it and cite it in your own way. For example, you are allowed to come to the same conclusion but make sure it contains a slightly different twist.
List of Philosophy Dissertation Topics: 10 Ideas to Get Started
If you want to create your own dissertation topic but need a direction, check out the next diverse talking points:
- Is an absolute truth possible?
- What does it mean to be conscious?
- How to become self-aware?
- Migration as a socio-cultural phenomenon: reasons, implications, consequences.
- Consumer society; brand, person, values.
- Philosophical aspects of managing complex systems problems.
- Ethics of Science: Basic Problems.
- The laws of nature and moral freedom.
- The problem of infinity in science and philosophy.
- The concept of time in science and philosophy.
10 Interesting Philosophy Dissertation Topics
Here are relatively simple but captivating topics to reflect on and discuss in your dissertation:
- Should people live for the present or the future?
- Do we have a choice and free will?
- Is happiness the most important goal in life?
- The problem of artificial intelligence and its philosophical, technical, and moral meaning.
- The impact of advertising on the transformation of public consciousness.
- The philosophical and scientific picture of the world.
- The problem of social responsibility of a scientist.
- Induction as a method of scientific research.
- Philosophical foundations of cosmology.
- The emergence and evolution of the concept of nature.
10 Philosophy of Religion Dissertation Topics
We have created a section with a focus on religion because it is highly interconnected with issues philosophy raises:
- Biography of Karl Barth, an analysis of dialectical theology.
- The interaction of philosophy and theology: background, peculiarities, contributors.
- Christian thinkers on the nature and meaning of science.
- Religious faith and scientific knowledge.
- Religious and scientific understanding of immortality.
- The influence of stoicism on the formation of Christianity.
- Philosophy, religion, science: their unity and difference.
- Freethinking is a phenomenon of spiritual culture.
- The main paradigms and methods of modern philosophical research of religion.
- The problem of rational substantiation of religious beliefs.
10 Political Philosophy Dissertation Topics
Politics wants to defend people, so its representatives need to consider a philosophical side of how society must work:
- How much freedom should people have?
- Violence as a social phenomenon.
- Philosophical problems of biopolitics, its technical applications.
- Disciplinary structure and role of social sciences in the process of social transformations.
- Problems of power, state, and law.
- Utopian mentality and its sociocultural foundations.
- Philosophical understanding of ethnonational cultures in the context of global interactions.
- Philosophical analysis of mass culture as a phenomenon of modern society.
- Philosophy of Hegel’s law as a special philosophical science: it’s subject and method.
- Philosophical foundations of modern culture analysis and communication processes.
10 Philosophy Dissertation Ideas for the Most Demanding
Some philosophy professors do not approve simple dissertation topics so that you can find more sophisticated ones below:
- Interpersonal communication concepts in the modern reality of self-awareness trends.
- Anthropology of modern culture from the Rene Girard philosophy point of view.
- Semantic duality in modern media texts.
- An existential turn in thinking about time: the history of the problem.
- Language as a symbolic phenomenon in aesthetics.
- Ethological dimension of human life: philosophical and methodological analysis.
- Historical destinies of Russia: problems of choosing modern civilizational landmarks of development.
- Specificity of technical sciences and their relation to mathematical, natural, and humanitarian sciences.
- Synergetics as a Phenomenon of Post-Non-Classical Science.
- Experimental method: origin, essence, the scope of application.
Want a Professional Writer to Do Your Dissertation?
If you still experience some difficulties with a topic choice and dissertation writing, feel free to address us and entrust your duty. We are a reliable and professional essay writers service offering academic writing for students. It is okay having not enough time to cover all subjects and requires works. Therefore, a team of experienced authors will be glad to take away this responsible task and complete it as per the rubric.
Save your mental health and get a satisfactory mark. Knowing all the ins and outs, we guarantee your placidity and total confidentiality.