Table of Contents
Action Plan against Racial Discrimination
The problem of racial discrimination is one that has remained prevalent in the insurance industry. This is an extremely serious challenge because it hampers the manner through which the activities of the industry are conducted. It is therefore essential to make sure that there is the advancement of a situation where strict measures are taken to tackle this problem in such a way that there is not only an increase in social awareness concerning it, but also the achievement of a situation where it becomes possible to develop a culture against racial discrimination in the industry (Ross-Davis & Allen, 2017). In order to achieve this objective, the following steps will be followed:
with any paper
- The development of internal rules within the industry aimed at making sure that incidents of racial discrimination are severely punished
- Making the fight against racism and racial discrimination a part of the mainstream culture of the industry in such a way that this problem is discouraged
- The development of new frameworks and models that are aimed at making sure that there is the promotion of the fight against racial discrimination in the industry. Under such circumstances, it will be necessary to ensure that there are regular training programs that help individuals from different backgrounds to come to terms with and appreciate one another (Adams, 2016).
- The need to make sure that there is the strengthening of information and communication action aimed at making sure that awareness of racism and racial discrimination and their evils are made more prominent in the industry. In this way, it will be possible to ensure that there is the creation of awareness concerning the identity and seriousness of the fight against racism.
This action will be operational in nature because it will help in creating an environment where it is extremely difficult for a culture of racial discrimination to take root. Furthermore, because it will be operational, the plan will be a basic part of the internal culture of the various organizations in the industry.
It is expected that this action plan will have a positive outcome when it comes to addressing the issue of racial discrimination. This is because it has both the long-term and short-term goals of making sure that there is the implementation of measures aimed at bringing about an end to this problem. The measures that are taken will help in creating greater harmony between employees within the industry while at the same time helping these individuals offer better services to all clients, irrespective of their backgrounds. In this way, it is expected that the action plan will help in bringing about a significant reduction in the number of incidents of racial discrimination in the industry.
We can do it today.
A number of resources will be made use of in making sure that this problem is brought to an end. The first of these will be human resources, which will involve the recruitment of counselors and diversity managers to provide counseling to all employees concerning this problem (Dobbin & Kalev, 2015). Furthermore, funds will have to be set aside to help in the sensitization process in the workplace in such a way that promotes such initiatives as seminars and trainings to help in bringing an end to racial discrimination. The use of these resources will enable the promotion an implementation of the action plan.
The implementation of the action plan is a long-term initiative that is aimed at bringing an end to a problem that has been persistent for a long time. Therefore initiatives to end it have to be introduced at an early stage and made continuously in order to have an impact. In addition, the development of a long term initiative will help in sensitizing new recruits concerning the importance of the fight against racial discrimination and the reasons behind it (Self, Mitchell, Mellers, Tetlock, & Hildreth, 2015).
There are a number of risks that this action plan will seek to address. Among the most prominent of these is that there might be some resistance among some individuals, who believe that it is an intrusion on their way of life and beliefs. Furthermore, there might be a low level of participation because of the belief that racial discrimination has already ended. Also, this plan, while it is viewed as a long term initiative, is dependent on the good will of the leaders in the industry; meaning that it might end up being removed because of personal issues.
This action plan is extremely pertinent because it involves a situation where it promotes a proactive approach to the fight against racial discrimination. It will allow for the development of a sensitization program that helps in making sure that there is the advancement of initiatives that help to discourage this problem while at the same time bringing about a situation where it becomes possible to have a more harmonious environment. Finally, it recognizes that racism and racial discrimination are problems that have to be combated directly in order to foster a society that is not only equal, but also one that promotes the appreciation of one another as individuals.
- Excellent quality
- 100% Turnitin-safe
- Affordable prices
- Adams, M., 2016. Pedagogical foundations for social justice education. Teaching for diversity and social justice, 27, 118-121.
- Dobbin, F., & Kalev, A., 2015. Why Firms Need Diversity Managers and Task Forces. How Global Migration Changes the Workforce Diversity Equation, 170-198.
- Ross-Davis, M. M. Y. M., & Allen, J. M. M., 2017. Engaging the Diversified Workforce Sustaining Productivity. Effective Talent Management Strategies for Organizational Success, 201.
- Self, W. T., Mitchell, G., Mellers, B. A., Tetlock, P. E., & Hildreth, J. A. D., 2015. Balancing fairness and efficiency: The impact of identity-blind and identity-conscious accountability on applicant screening. PloS one, 10(12), e0145208.