100+ Philosophy Essay Topics
Table of Contents
Getting an impressive philosophy topic for your paper is very tricky especially in a situation where you are given many options to choose. It is worthwhile to note that unlike other subjects, philosophy papers are primarily written based on the author’s opinion and not on research or facts. Wondering where to get your philosophy theme? Worry no more! You can get your item from any of the following sources:
- Online search. There are a quite number of places on the internet where you can get an idea on your philosophy topic.
- Consulting experts in the field of philosophy. Professionals in this area could be your professors or any other person who is well seasoned in matters of philosophy.
- Search in the library and in your textbooks to come up with the right idea on the topic.
- By discussing with your fellow students, you may get amazing ideas regarding your issue.
Do You Know How to Select the Best Philosophy Essay Topic?
More often, a student is given an assignment and the freedom to select the topic on his own. However, choosing a problem is not an easy task. To succeed in making the right choice, you should adopt the right strategies. Below are the simple steps you can follow in choosing the right topic:
- Decide on your essay type
Before selecting the item, you need to make decisions on the kind of paper you want to craft. For instance, there are many types of philosophical essays namely informal, persuasive, and argumentative. Each type of paper has its unique requirements during its writing process, and, therefore, its selection should be made keenly. For example, an argumentative piece requires that you choose a controversial topic to make sense to your reader.
It is the best approach for getting ideas to help you get a problem. To discuss effectively, you need to find out the aspects you like most about your subject and determine whether you can get information from library books and other resources.
- Whether the topic is engaging
By choosing a new problem, you can get the energy and motivation to write your paper to completion.
List of Philosophy Essay Topics to Choose
The list of essay topics is provided so that you may make the right selection without a lot of hassle. Choosing the correct item for your essay is significant because it determines how successful your writing process will be. The following are the topics you can use in writing your paper.
- The differences between determinism and freedom
- Perception of a personal space
- Significance of distinguishing appearance from reality
- The distinction between essence and existence in Metaphysics
- The final judgments concerning Christianity
- Comparing political and legal issues
- Ethical issues in abortion
- Human rights and their significance
- The meaning of war in human culture
- Moral laws versus natural laws in contemporary society
- Impact of the internet on young people’s identity
- Contribution of persistence and belief in the success of an individual
- The language of gene ontology
- Role of positivism in social science studies
- The relationship between Game theory and organizational performance
- The effect of language on humans
- The differences between Morphology and Phonology
- The purpose of intuition in creativity
- Adaptation in linguistic interaction
- Critical realist’s perspective on spirituality
- Doubt and the procurement of knowledge
- Factors which make some people be more irrational than others
- Imagination is less important than knowledge
- The perception of the physical world by idealists
- Intuition is more than a feeling
- The relationship between thought and society
- Cause-and-effect thinking
- Feminist Epistemology and philosophy of science
- Religious beliefs and religious practice
- The differences between a priori and a posteriori in probability
There are so many topics in philosophy, and it is vital to take time to understand the issue you are writing about before you make any choice. Select an item if you think that you have enough ideas about the subject matter so that you may compose a perfect piece.
Good Philosophy Essay Topics in 2023
A good philosophy essay in 2023 should strive to present a clear and original argument on a philosophical topic, supported by rigorous analysis and evidence. It should demonstrate a thorough understanding of the relevant philosophical literature, while also bringing a fresh perspective or innovative approach to the issue at hand. In addition, a good philosophy essay should be well-written, logically structured, and free of errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Here are 20 different good philosophy essay topics for 2023:
- Can artificial intelligence ever be conscious, and if so, what are the ethical implications?
- Is the concept of “gender” a social construct, or does it have a biological basis?
- What is the relationship between morality and rationality, and can we use reason to determine what is right or wrong?
- Is the universe deterministic, or do we have genuine free will?
- Is the concept of “race” scientifically valid, or is it a socially constructed myth?
- Is it possible to have meaningful relationships with non-human animals, and if so, what are the implications for ethics?
- Is there a moral obligation to address climate change, and if so, what is the best way to do so?
- Is it morally permissible to intervene in the lives of others to prevent harm, even if they do not consent?
- What is the nature of consciousness, and how can we study it scientifically?
- Is there a universal human nature, or is identity entirely shaped by culture and environment?
- Is there a moral obligation to respect cultural differences, or are there universal values that transcend culture?
- What is the relationship between language and thought, and how does it affect our understanding of the world?
- Is democracy compatible with capitalism, or does one undermine the other?
- Is it possible to have an objective aesthetic judgment, or is beauty entirely subjective?
- Is the mind-body problem still relevant in contemporary philosophy, or has it been solved?
- Is there a moral duty to assist others, and if so, how much should we be expected to do?
- Is there a moral justification for punishment, or should we focus on rehabilitation instead?
- What is the relationship between religion and morality, and can one be moral without religion?
- Is the concept of “rights” universally applicable, or is it a product of Western political philosophy?
- What is the nature of time, and how does it affect our understanding of causality and change?
Argumentative Philosophy Essay Topics
An argumentative philosophy essay is a type of academic writing that aims to present a clear and convincing argument on a philosophical issue or topic. It typically requires the writer to analyze, evaluate, and critically assess various viewpoints and arguments related to the topic, and then develop a strong and coherent argument of their own.
Here are 20 different argumentative philosophy essay topics:
- Is free will an illusion?
- Can morality be objective, or is it always relative to the individual or culture?
- Is the mind identical to the brain, or is there a distinct, non-physical aspect to consciousness?
- Is euthanasia morally permissible?
- Do we have a duty to preserve the environment, and if so, to what extent?
- Can we ever know anything with certainty, or is all knowledge merely probable?
- Should we strive for happiness, or is there something more important than personal happiness?
- Is democracy the best form of government, or are there better alternatives?
- Is it morally permissible to use non-human animals for scientific research or human consumption?
- Does God exist, and if so, what is the nature of God?
- Is it morally justifiable to go to war, and if so, under what circumstances?
- Is the death penalty morally permissible?
- What is the meaning of life, and can it be found through reason or faith?
- Is art valuable in itself, or only because of its instrumental value (i.e., its ability to produce pleasure or convey a message)?
- Is it morally permissible to lie, and if so, under what circumstances?
- Are there objective aesthetic standards for beauty, or is beauty purely subjective?
- Is it morally permissible to manipulate human genes or create “designer babies” through genetic engineering?
- What is the relationship between the individual and society, and what are the moral obligations of each to the other?
- Is the existence of evil evidence against the existence of God?
- Is the use of violence ever morally justified?
Easy Philosophy Essay Topics
An easy philosophy essay is a type of academic writing that aims to present a clear and straightforward argument on a philosophical topic. It typically requires the writer to analyze and evaluate different viewpoints related to the topic, but without delving too deeply into complex philosophical theories or arguments.
Here are 20 easy philosophy essay topics:
- Is it better to be happy or successful?
- What is the meaning of life, and how can we find it?
- Is it ever okay to lie, and if so, under what circumstances?
- Does free will exist, or are our actions determined by fate or external factors?
- Is it morally justifiable to eat meat, or should we all be vegetarians?
- What is the nature of consciousness, and how do we know that other people have it?
- Is it possible to have a moral obligation to something that doesn’t exist, like the environment?
- Can we ever truly know anything for certain, or is all knowledge based on probability and perception?
- Is there such a thing as objective beauty, or is it entirely subjective?
- Can we have moral obligations to non-human animals, and if so, what are they?
- Is it possible to have a just war, or is all violence inherently wrong?
- Is it better to follow reason or intuition when making decisions?
- Is democracy always the best form of government, or are there situations where it is not ideal?
- Does God exist, and if so, what is God’s nature?
- Is it possible to be truly altruistic, or are all actions ultimately motivated by self-interest?
- Is it morally permissible to use drugs, and if so, under what circumstances?
- What is the relationship between the mind and the body, and how do they interact?
- Is it possible to have meaningful relationships with non-human animals, and if so, how?
- Can we ever escape our biases, or are they an inherent part of human perception and cognition?
- Is the pursuit of knowledge always a good thing, or are there cases where ignorance is preferable?
Philosophy of Science: Essay Topics That Went Viral
- Abortion should be a personal decision, not one the government makes.
- The internet and its impact on children’s behavior.
- How does war change a society? Provide examples.
- What role does propaganda play in influencing citizens of a state?
- How does dialect affect communication?
- Discuss the topic of intuition. Is it just a feeling?
- What are the benefits of thinking? Is there a right and wrong way to do it?
- How is one’s image of oneself determinate of their self-confidence?
- Does social media make us less confident?
- What effect do heavily edited photos have on society?
Common Philosophy Essay Questions
In most cases, a quite number of students find philosophy questions challenging to handle when they have not familiarized with them. Therefore, it is crucial to think about these queries clearly so that you may enhance your critical thinking. The following is a list of some of the items which will help you think critically:
- What happens when we dream?
- Is there an existence of God?
- How modern feminist philosophy differs from previous years?
- What is the difference between mathematics and logic?
- What is death in the philosophical meaning of it?
- What is the relationship between science and religion?
- What is heaven and hell in philosophy?
- What is the difference between Accounting and Finance?
- Is it justified for people to commit suicide when they have a terminal illness?
- What is the most important aspect of modern feminism?
Philosophical questions are essential because they trigger the learner’s logical reasoning. It is, therefore, advisable to understand them clearly before you start crafting your document.
The Best Philosophy Essay Ideas for Your Adoption
Getting adequate information for your essay is not an easy task especially when you are inexperienced. Worry no more! The following ideas will help.
- Read different textbooks to get adequate and relevant information for your paper
- Create an outline to guide you in writing your paper
- Write a thesis statement to show the purpose of your piece
- Write a draft. After all the preparations, you can craft a preliminary document.
- Proofread and edit your paper to correct any typos and grammatical mistakes. Ensure that your article is easy to read.
If you encounter difficulties while writing your philosophy paper, it’s essential to reach out to a professional essay writing service that can assist you with the task. Don’t hesitate to ask for help when you need it. Consider searching for a service that can “write my philosophy paper” to get the assistance you require.